Saturday, May 3, 2014

Could this be what I am looking for? A stingless bee in our garden?









I think I even saw one with white pollen clinging to its hind leg.  I want to believe that these are stingless bees... yes bees, there were two of them, maybe three.  They were foraging on the tiny flowers of the cilantro... or parsley...

I have observed one bee foraged for about 20 minutes then left.  There was no activity around the cilantro for at least 5 - 10 minutes, then the bees returned.  This pattern probably occurred throughout the day.  I started watching the bees come and go late in the morning.  At 4 pm, bees are still visiting the cilantro. There are new flower buds forming, so I guess the bees will be visiting for a few more days.  I hope I can get a good close up shot tomorrow.  I tried using the burst shot mode, but the camera sacrificed picture resolution for speed and so I did not get any good picture of bees carrying some pollen.
























No comments:

Post a Comment