Thursday, May 29, 2014

Bee Observation...

Today, I saw some bees hauling up loads of  white pollen on both of their pollen baskets.  It was amazing to see it for real.  Also, this afternoon, I noticed several bees are clinging in front wall of the hive.  They were motionless.  A few seconds later after I arrived, they all went inside.  At first, I thought I scared them.  I went to see what was going on at the back of the hive.  As usual, there were plenty of bees outside.  I think they are expanding the nest outside the box.  Then, I noticed it.  Lots of them have drops of liquid on their mandibles! Could they be dumping the liquid at the side of the box to expand the hive?  I took a look at the front of the hive and the bees were there again.  This time, I also noticed the liquid on their mouth.  The bees seem very busy.  They seem to be working double-time taking advantage of the good weather, because they know that the rainy season is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment