Saturday, May 31, 2014

Natural Hive Duplication Started...

Finally finished setting up the hives for natural duplication method.  I had to work at night to make sure all the bees are in.  Attaching the coconut flushed to the surface of the hive proved to be more troublesome than I thought.  I have to make sure that there is no other exit except through the new hive.














It looked pretty ugly with all the duct tape to seal of the gap.














The bees did not seem to be a bit bothered by all the fuzz I was making outside their hive.  I just hope they don't suffocate inside.  I forgot to take a close up shot, but I took a piece of propolis from the entrance of the original hive and put it at the new hive entrance.














Let's see tomorrow morning if the bees can figure the way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment