Saturday, September 6, 2014

Laywan at NCRDEC, CvSU...

I was visiting the CVSU stingless bees yesterday and saw that the other hive had been dugged up already and was put aside at one corner fully exposed with its deteriorating box hive.  There were lots of bees huddled outside.


I dropped by Sir Rod's office at the NCRDEC to inform him that I will try to relocate the other hive next week if I managed to find another empty box.  Then he asked me if I am looking for a "laywan" nest (Apis cerana) because they found one at the back of the NCRDEC office.  I can not believe what I just heard.  This is one of the reason why I enrolled at CVSU.  I answered yes and asked Sir Rod if I can see it.  Sir Rod asked one of his staff to show me the nest.



Behind the huge water tower is the NCRDEC building...


There seem to be lots of tanks in this area and very few trees...


Where could the bees be nesting here?!?



I was told to move closer...




a little bit closer...

















There! Can you see it?!?   Holy @%*#$!!!  It really is a wild
bee hive!!!
















Not hundred percent sure if this is Apis cerana but 
what else can it be?!?




Hmmmm... ok.... I need to take down the water tank!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment