Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bees Got Fed Up With My Experiment...

This morning, I pulled out the tube I re-attached yesterday to serve as flight tube for the bees.  Same as yesterday, the end of the tube was completely sealed.

tube on the right was pulled out this morning.  it
was also completely sealed barring access to the original
hive entrance.
















The moment I removed the tube, the bees started sealing the opening of the coconut shell. Well, at least the bees inside are ok.  It's just that they do not want to use the front door anymore.  The new entrance I found yesterday at the rear right of the box was also sealed.  Around 6:30 PM, the bees have almost completely sealed the front door.  Now, it will be difficult for me to conduct an Eduction method as I have no more control over the front door.  The bees just won't pass there anymore.  It will be useless if I continue to attach the duplication hive there.  There won't be any traffic.

around 10 am...














around 4:30 pm...




around 6:30 pm...





















The bees decided (I think..) to move their main operation at the rear left portion of the hive.  There is some sort of another entrance there when I first got the hive.  When I notice there was an increase activity there, I put a coconut shell near that area hoping the bees will use it for storage.














But they hardly used it.  Up to now, they have not sealed the small hole on the coconut shell.














Now, there is an increased activity in that area and increase build-up of propolis.  However, I don't think I can easily connect a duplication hive here.  So, Bees 1, Beekeeper 0.


No comments:

Post a Comment