Saturday, December 30, 2017

I have come full circle...

















I am trying to figure out a new packaging for my oblique pen holders. I still make my own packaging so I need something that is easier to make, uses less material, but still provides considerable protection and aesthetically pleasing. I am currently using a traditional box with sliding cover but it takes too much time to make. I tried a pillow box before, but it is too soft in the middle so I reverted back to the rectangular box. I thought I would try a triangular shape this time, like a Tobleron box, but it must have a self-locking mechanism like a pillow box so it can hold it´s shape without using glue or tape. The design should be simple that I will not need to cut complicated shape or slots. Something that can work with a rectangular sheet of cardboard and incorporate a series of folds like an origami.


This brings back memories of college days. This is the kind of exercises we actually did. I guess I have come full circle. I love making things, studying the process, the materials. Maybe I should stick to this permanently? It may not be as grandiose as my dreams before, working in a big design firm, designing high-tech consumer products. Who knows, maybe if I stick to this long enough, I can eventually make a big difference.



















No comments:

Post a Comment