Thursday, October 2, 2014

Filling the Honey Pot

Less than a week after I added a an extra super with a plastic separator sheet... the bees immediately went to work and covered the small rectangular holes at same time building up large amount of propolis around the circular hole.  I am not sure if they will cover it up entirely.  Pardon the poor photos.  I put a plastic sheet cover so I can lift up the cover and observe without the bees flying out.

















Watching the bees filling up the honey pots is so amazing.  I can probably watch the bees going about their chores the whole day if they would allow me.  Here is a short video of stingless bees filling-in, and or, feeding in the honey pots.  Can you imagine the bees working in complete darkness the whole day?


No comments:

Post a Comment