Saturday, January 25, 2014

Decreasing Time...

About four rows to completion, I discovered I made mistake so I decided to get some break.  When I return a few hours later, I found one of the DPNs has slipped off and a few stitches dropped!  Being a novice at this hobby, I can not fix it without unraveling a few rows.  Luckily, I only have to drop two rows when everything made sense again. For some reason, I had difficulty using the magic loop technique with the circular needle so I had to switch back to DPNs... or I am just trying to find an excuse to use my DPNs again.  I think using DPNs makes you feel like old school and look cooler!  Like a knitting ninja!

But I am a little bit unhappy on how the size turned out.  Well, I did knit the M/L size (96 cast on) instead of the XS/S size (84 cast on).  My first simple ribbed beanie hat was also 96 cast on and it fits nicely.  But with the pattern for this new hat, the fitting will rely considerably with the brim and should be made tighter. Maybe I will feel a little bit better after I blocked it.  Anyway, here is the progress:




No comments:

Post a Comment